Mediateam Sales and Marketing – Intern/Trainee
Mediateam is recruiting for a sales and marketing intern/trainee to fill a role that is being
vacated due to an internal promotion.
Sales and Marketing interns at Mediateam will be introduced to the company’s business and
clearly briefed on specific aspects that they will be working on. All interns work alongside
experienced colleagues as they help to progress upcoming print, digital and event projects in
a variety of ways.
Each intern will have a clearly laid out programme of work that will expose them to all
aspects of the business from detailed research and database work to telephone and face to
face contact with our valued clients.
Sales and marketing interns will reach out via telephone, social media and email to existing
and potential new clients
Each intern will have a specific task or project that they will have direct responsibility for
which will be their stand-out achievement during their internship.
There are a number of specific areas that will be assigned to the intern concerning the
following established projects from the list below:
GLAS (Leisure Horticulture Trade Show)
TechTrade (Technology Trade Show)
Techfire (ICT Peer Group Meeting series)
TechPro (ICT print magazine)
Techcentral.ie (ICT digital platform)
Tech Excellence Awards (Awards scheme and gala awards dinner show)
ShelfLife Magazine (Ireland’s largest circulation print trade magazine)
Shelflife.ie (FMCG digital platform)
The Irish Garden (Consumer print magazine)
Garden.ie (Consumer facing digital platform)
Drinks Industry Ireland (B2B print Magazine)
Tasks may include the following:
● Source, contact & qualify new readers/visitors for Horticulture, Tech & FMCG on the likes of
LinkedIn & other relevant sites.
● Event support administration & delegate phone calls on GLAS, TechFire, TechTrade Live and
other events and projects in the period
● Research potential new sponsors, event attendees, advertisers and exhibitors and contact them
to establish interest
● Research potential new features for the events, digital and print publications
● Suggest and implement new media campaigns to attract attendees and readers
● Compile data and information for event guide and supervise timely publication
● Work with booked exhibitors to ensure their participation at our events is fully prepared
● Prepare and present multimedia presentations to attract sponsors, exhibitors and other
stakeholders for various events
● Prepare and execute a social media marketing plan for individual events.
● Organise event competitions, in advance and liaise with judges etc to present winners at the
● Attend at venues pre-exhibition to assist clients with their exhibit set up
● Attend at events as “Event Operatives” with possible involvement in greeting, registration,
general information, catalogue distribution, or other event duties.
The interns will report directly to the business leader for the unit they are allocated to in
connection with the above tasks, and will interact with a number of colleagues who will be
happy to give them direction and assistance.
In addition the intern will be expected to support the general operation of the Mediateam
office by providing telephone cover or carrying out any other duties that might be assigned
from time to time.
Mediateam internships are structured and designed to help the intern to learn the skills and
capabilities necessary to pursue a full time career in a commercial role within the events and
Please contact email@example.com or call John McDonald on 087 284 7777 if you are
interested or have any questions about the role and the company.